Daylight Saving and OOZie workflow scheduling.
What is day light saving ?
- Daylight saving is used by few countries only, where they re-set their clocks twice in a year as below.
1. Clock Forwarding : (1:59 AM Clock will go to 3:00 AM)
On 09-Mar-2014 is the day on which clock will be forwarded by 1 Hour.
As soon as Clock reaches 1:59 AM on (09-Mar-2014) , your clock will be set to 3:00 AM. So you will never have 2:00 AM 09-Mar-2014 to 2:59 AM 09-Mar-2014 in clock.
2. Clock Reset : (1:59 AM Clock will reset to 1:00 AM again)
On 02-Nov-2014 is the day on which clock will be reset back by 1 Hour.
As soon as Clock reaches 1:59 AM On (02-Nov-2014) , your clock will be set to 1:00 AM. So you will have time between 1:00 AM to 1:59 twice.
Impact on scheduling : (If it is sheduled between clock reset time)
Example : Lets assume you have scheduled cycle to run everyday 2:30 AM.
What happen on 09-Mar-2014 ?
Ans : We will miss this cycle to run on 02-Mar-2014
Because as soon as clock reaches 1:59 AM on 2-Mar-2014, it will be forwarded by one hour and next time will be 3:00 AM on 09-Mar-2014.
Example : Lets assume you have scheduled cycle to run everyday 1:30 AM.
What happen on 02-Nov-2014 ?
Ans : Cycle will be executed twice on 02-Nov-2014
Because as soon as clock reaches 1:59 AM on 2-Nov-2014, it will be reset back by one hour and next time will be 1:00 AM on 09-Mar-2014. Hence, there will be 1:30 AM twice.
- On 09-Mar-2014 you will have 23 hours of day.
- On 02-Nov-2014 you will have 25 hours of day.